It’s been nearly six months since my last post about books to read on your honeymoon (and it is one of the most popular posts to date!), so I thought it was about time to write a follow-up.
Remember, you’ll generally want to stay away from the dark and heavy stuff when it comes to reading material during your honeymoon so you don’t bum yourself out in paradise. Below are some books I’ve enjoyed recently that are honeymoon-approved:
– Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple (don’t let the silly cover art fool you, this book is great. I couldn’t put it down during my Panama trip. See below.)
– Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter (especially good for those of you planning honeymoons in Italy!)
– This Is Where I Leave You: A Novel by Jonathan Tropper (although seemingly not the best subjects for a honeymoon – the main character’s marriage just fell apart and his father passed away – it’s a really funny book about a dysfunctional family.)
– How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran (when gay men like Dan Savage recommend a feminist memoir, you know it’s going to be good.)
– The Last Girlfriend on Earth: And Other Love Stories by Simon Rich (also recommended by Dan Savage, this is an absolutely hilarious collection of short stories about relationships. I can’t wait to re-read it.)
And if you’re looking for something to “put you in the mood,” here are some other books that a good friend of mine and “self-proclaimed trashy romance connoisseur” recommends*:
– On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
– Easy by Tammara Webber
– The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
– Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker
– Beauty from Pain by Georgia Cates
What books would you recommend for honeymoon reading? Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you’ve enjoyed recently.
* I can’t vouch for any of those books. (Seriously.)