Inspired by SF style and beauty blogger Gal Meets Glam‘s recent post, I decided to come up with my own list of favorite places to eat and drink in the City by the Bay!
I’ve lived in San Francisco for nearly 8 years now (3 in Cow Hollow, and 4 1/2 in the Castro), and I’ve had my fair share of incredible meals all over town. While you can certainly go to many restaurants where a great meal will cost at least $50 a person, one of the best things about SF is that some of the most wonderful meals in the city can be had for less than $10.
So if your travels bring you to San Francisco, below is the list of my favorite places to check out. Bon appétit!
- Philz Coffee – my go-to iced coffee.
- Town’s End
- Tartine Bakery & Cafe
- Blue Bottle Coffee
- Foreign Cinema – 3 words: homemade pop tarts.
- Craftsman and Wolves – mmm… the rebel within!
- Swan Oyster Depot – an absolute must for seafood-lovers.
- Ike’s Place
- Slanted Door (+ Out the Door ) – I’m completely obsessed with their spring rolls and peanut sauce.
- Marina Submarine
- Yank Sing – the most wonderful Shanghai dumplings in SF.
- Red’s Java House – best place for burgers and chili fries before SF Giants games!
- Twitter – yes, as in Twitter’s headquarters. Don’t miss a chance to have a meal there if you know an employee.
Burritos: (because, yes, SF burritos deserve their very own category)
- El Farolito
- Gordo Taqueria
- Taqueria Cancun
- Espiga De Oro
- State Bird Provisions – hands down, my absolute favorite restaurant in San Francisco.
- Stones Throw – my new favorite burger in SF.
- L’Ardoise – the best date night restaurant.
- Shanghai Dumpling King – soooo many dumplings, soooo little $.
- Trick Dog – really amazing cocktails.
- Hi Tops – gay sports bar with awesome music and totally amazing food (brunch + dinner).
- Southern Pacific Brewing Company
- Locanda – delicious cocktails (good Italian food, too).